Friday, February 26, 2010

Statement From Jessee Ring – Candidate for the Ninth District Nomination
Feb. 25, 2010

On January 31 when I decided to seek the nomination to run for the Ninth Congressional District seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, I made a commitment to spend the time and effort needed to secure the nomination and to then campaign until the November election.

Since that time, I have been traveling all around the Ninth District to attend county committee meetings and other events. This experience has been very heartening. It has been a real pleasure to get to know so many more of the good, hard working, patriotic people of the “Fightin’ Ninth”.

People are fed up with big government and all that is going on in Washington.

People are concerned about jobs, but they see the government pushing a job-killing “cap and tax” scheme. People are concerned about having access to good, high quality, readily available health care, and they see the government pushing a massive take-over that would put bureaucrats in charge. They are concerned about taxes, and they see the government getting ready to raise everyone’s taxes by letting the Bush tax cuts expire.

I am proud of my deep, Ninth District Southwest Virginia roots. My high tech career took me across the country and around the world. A few years ago, I returned home to Southwest Virginia, and I will be here for the rest of my life.

I look forward to working hard for the good people of my home - the Ninth District. I ask for your support at the Ninth District Convention on May 22.

Jessee Ring
Feb. 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment