March 30, 2010
On January 31, I was the first challenger to declare his candidacy for the nomination for the Ninth District Congressional seat. I did not hesitate. Six newspapers covered the announcement. When I got in the race, the whole dynamic changed. The incumbent is now on the defensive, and he is already running hard, something he normally doesn’t do until after Labor Day.
Since making my announcement, I have been going around the Ninth District to the county and city committees and other places to talk to people:
• My representative or I have visited: Dickenson, Floyd, Smyth, Tazewell, Bland, Montgomery, Russell, Wythe, Wise, Pulaski, Henry, Scott, Roanoke, Radford, Bristol, Craig, Lee, Grayson, and Carroll, some of them multiple times. The others are on my schedule.
• I have been shown coal operations in the Norton-Wise-Pound area by a thirty year veteran of the industry.
• I was shown around Richlands and introduced to people by a long-time resident,
• Similarly for Wise County.
• I have also been to my home town of Narrows and other places in Giles County to visit with old friends there.
We all know the litany of bad policies that have come out of Washington in recent months, culminating in the disastrous government takeover of health care. Yet I have been greatly encouraged by the energy and motivation people have for taking our country back in the right direction. The election in November is a battle for the future of the country. It will be a watershed that will decide whether we continue down the road to socialism or we re-embrace the traditional American values that have made us what we are as a nation. America is the best country in the world and the greatest force for good the world has ever seen. I am running because I feel a calling. I feel compelled to stand up and speak out for our country and our Southwest Virginia values.
To do this, I need your support. As you all know, it takes money to run a campaign. I ask that you send a donation of any size to:
Friends Of Jessee Ring For Congress
P. O. Box 3704
Wise, VA 24293
Your donation will be used for a website, campaign literature, direct mail to the convention delegates, and for my campaign consultant.
There is not much time until the convention. It will be greatly appreciated if you can send your contribution by April 7.
Thank you in advance for your support.
540-250-7291 firstname.lastname@example.org http://jessee-ring.blogspot.com/ FaceBook YouTube